COVID Testing Program.
This position will be on-campus with no availability to work remotely.
About the Unit
The University is committed to maintaining distinctive academic and intellectual qualities and values while working to protect the health of students, faculty, other academic appointees, postdoctoral researchers, staff, visitors, and our broader community. In close collaboration with public health experts, the University is implementing a wide range of health and well-being practices in light of the pandemic and is committed to creating a campus culture focused on shared responsibility for protecting the health and safety of every member of our community.
This is a temporary position that is expected to through June with potential through extension.
Unit Specific Responsibilities
- This role will assist supervisors and the Executive Director of the testing program in supporting COVID-19 testing sites on the University’s campus where students, staff, and faculty will self-collect test samples.
- Under the direction of the University COVID Testing Program Executive Director or a Testing Supervisor, the Assistant Supervisor will support the day to day activities for weekly testing of a cohort of faculty, students or staff.
- The Assistant Supervisor will assist in the management for a team of Testing Coordinators assigned to their cohort throughout the testing process.
- The Assistant Supervisor will assist with onsite testing processes, including ensuring all participants are pre-registered, managing the flow of testing participants, ensuring timely courier pick up of specimens for transport to the lab, and reviewing testing completion to ensure all registered participants are tested each week.
- The Assistant Supervisor will support daily site operations, including ensuring opening/closing procedures are followed, ensuring inventory is adequate for daily operations, ensuring appropriate PPE guidelines are followed by Testing Liaisons, and other duties assigned by the Executive Director or his/her delegate.
- The Assistant Supervisor will follow guidelines for safeguarding of protected health information (PHI) and follow HIPAA guidelines.
- The Assistant Supervisor will ensure that necessary participant tracking reports or other issues are escalated to the appropriate team members for follow up and resolution.
Unit Preferred Competencies
- Managerial/supervisory experience. Ideally, in healthcare, public health or management setting.
- Experience working in an ambulatory care/ behavioral health setting is preferred, but not required.
- Higher education experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload for the staff.
- Ability to function both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated good judgment and decision-making capabilities
- Experience supervising teams
- Strong customer service orientation and a commitment to excellence and accuracy while working in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Proficiency with computers, data entry and analysis.
- Experience with electronic medical records.
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
- Excellent time management, organizational, problem solving and project management skills.
- Knowledge and skill of RN, LPN, and MA clinical practice duties.
- Experience in human sample collections
- Experience in and daily management /oversight of diagnostics or lab testing sites
- Clinical or public health background strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in managing different sites in a healthcare environment
Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 7+ years of work experience in a related job discipline.
Must past a criminal background check.