Client Service Associate
Step into an instrumental role to provide operational support to the Principal of a leading wealth management firm. The ideal person will be an experienced team player to support Advisors and collaborate with the team in providing exceptional service to high net-worth clients.
Your main role is in exceeding client expectations. This position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics as well as legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.
• Build, manage, and deepen client relationships by providing operational and technical support.
• Address client questions and concerns when Advisor is unavailable.
• Service high net-worth clients in person, over the phone and via email.
• Provide administrative and operational support to clients and team.
• Solve client requests: independently research and clearly document the steps taken and your conclusions; for other tasks follow specific directions as needed.
• Maintain Advisors’ calendars and manage client meeting schedule.
• Onboarding, prepare and process new account paperwork, as well as any account maintenance requests.
• Ensure new accounts are set up accurately.
• Process account transfers and confirm/update cost basis, fund exchanges, check deposits, money requests.
• Prepare Advisor meeting notes/agenda, reports, charts, graphs, tables and other visual aids to be used in meetings with clients. Update client information as needed for client review meetings.
• Participate in client meetings with lead advisor, taking an active role in overseeing the entire client experience.
• Prepare and manage all meeting follow ups and follow-through on post-meeting recommendations.
• Update and maintain client status (new and ex-clients) and information within CRM and all internal systems and reports.
• Manage relationships with custodians, vendors, and others on behalf of firms.
• Assist in planning client events.
• Suggest and implement improvements to increase client satisfaction.
• Prepare and manage several internal firm reports, e.g. pending business, completed transfers, new money received, upcoming systematic, etc.
• Ensure licensing and training requirements are up to date for Advisors.
• 5 -7 years minimum work experience, preferably in the financial service industry
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus
• Possess a strong desire to cultivate client relationships
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Proficient Intermediate/Advanced level in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Ability to collaborate and work well as a team player
• Experience with Advent AXYS/APX and online custodian account set-up preferred