Confidential company, headquartered in downtown Chicago, is in search of an Executive Assistant who enjoys the excitement of working at the hub of a dynamic company and thrives in a challenging and exciting environment.
● Keep executive(s) organized and on schedule, which includes maintaining daily calendars plus itineraries for travel and related off-site plans.
● Make meeting and travel arrangements for executive(s) (i.e. hotel, ground, meetings, dinners, etc.) and prepare their travel & expense reimbursement forms upon their return. For larger group meetings, collect and organize all executive travel arrangements and ensure not all executives are on the same flight.
● Review expense reports for assigned executive’s department(s) before being submitted to CFO.
● Quarterly, serve as key point-of-contact for Board meetings, and members of the Board of Trustees. Activities may include making hotel, restaurant, and travel arrangements for out-of-town Trustees; partnering with Legal, Finance, and Human Resources departments for Board meeting agendas; setup meetings for Audit Chair; keeping Trustees registered with Building Security, etc.
● Monitor stock and units for assigned executive(s) to compare with Company records. Work with financial institutions (i.e. Fidelity) for any stock or units activity, including dividends, distributions, and exercise of options.
● As needed, support miscellaneous projects assigned executive’s department(s), such as budgets, opening conference calls, troubleshooting phone/computer/system issues, etc.
● Transcribe memos/letters, type and proofread memos/letters, and create reports, as necessary.
● May help to manage, track, and organize booking for the private plane.
● Perform other duties and participate in special projects as necessary, including management of miscellaneous personal travel and projects for assigned executive(s).
● 7+ years executive level administrative support required; experience in a retail, real estate, or hospitality environment a plus.
● Prior experience with Google Apps (including: Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Teams, Google Drive, etc.) is required.
● Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel is necessary.
● Detail-Oriented, Accountable, Flexible, Adaptable. You have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on delivering quality work, ensuring that all documentation is prepared in an accurate and professional manner. You are organized and able to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines consistently—even if they’re tight.
● Excellent Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, you consistently employ good grammar and spelling skills and know how to organize your written communication to effectively get your message across.
● Maintain confidentiality. The ability to work with confidential information, while using discretion, is crucial to this position.
● Reliable. Because you consistently follow through on meeting your deliverables, your co-workers and business partners are confident that they can count on you.