Join a well-respected educational institution that inspires people to pursue their passions and lead lives of purpose and excellence.
This is an exciting opportunity for an accomplished Executive Assistant who enjoys being part of a collaborative team and working in an outstanding academic environment. Reporting to the Head of School, you will provide a wide variety of complex and confidential administrative and executive support functions, overseeing and addressing a variety of initiatives. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Coordinates meetings, conferences, direct mailings and school-wide special projects.
- Serves as a liaison to the Board of Trustees and senior administrative teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach.
- Composes and distributes routine and complex documents and presentations for the purpose of communicating information to school personnel, students, parents, the public, and others.
- Assists the Head of School in scheduling, preparing and distributing agendas for Board and committee meetings.
- Attends meetings as assigned (e.g., Board, meetings with others contacted in the course of work) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions and meet record-keeping obligations.
- Work closely with the Head of School to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Coordinate all senior administrative meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events as needed.
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for Head of School; prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements and ensure prioritization of sensitive matters.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Head of School, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature.
- Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect Head of School’s style and organization policy.
- Responds to inquiries (including telephone calls) from students, parents and employees, providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
- Collaborate and coordinate school-wide initiatives with division assistants and senior administrators.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and sound judgement
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively seek solutions to challenges
- High level of computer proficiency; working knowledge of Google apps, Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, etc.
- Organized with impeccable follow up skills and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong project management, scheduling and time management skills
- Ability to work flexible hours as dictated by the needs of the school for projects and meetings
- Commitment to excellence – perform duties at the highest level possible on a consistent basis
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens
- Bachelor’s degree, minimum of 5 years of successful experience of an increasingly responsible nature as an administrative or executive assistant supporting c-suite executives
- Previous Board level experience