Financial Services firm in Chicago is seeking a Human Resources/Administrative Intern (paid) to join their growing, global team. You will help support the HR, Administrative, Talent Acquisition, and Management teams to best support business and employee needs.
This position requires presence in the downtown Chicago Office 5 days/week, where all CDC safety guidelines are followed.
- Offer HR administrative support in meetings, including, but not limited to: meeting minutes, generating HR and talent acquisition reports, updating labor agreements and employee contracts, submitting background checks, supporting payroll administration, etc.
- Editing and drafting onboarding documents for new employees globally
- Maintaining accurate and confidential digital and hard copies of HR records
- Assist with talent acquisition efforts including, but not limited to: scheduling phone screens and onsite interviews, posting open jobs on multiple job boards, screening resumes, performing reference checks, etc.
- Conduct research on benefits, employment law, salary benchmarking, trainings, and talent retention to present to HR and management
- Comprehend business processes from both a strategic and tactical perspective to best support HR and recruiting teams
- Act as a friendly and approachable administrative liaison and HR representative to all team members
- Assist with administrative staff in scheduling meetings & interviews, order catering, and maintain adequate office supplies and snack items
- Answer main telephone line and direct to appropriate party
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing deliveries and route mail correctly
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, and/or other applicable fields
- Prior experience in an HR-related internship or similar role is a plus
- Familiarity with HR software and systems such as Greenhouse, BambooHR, ADP RUN
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Outstanding research and note-taking abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and professional decorum
- Outstanding communications skills both written and verbal