Director of First Impressions
This is the first point of contact for all visitors; it is the voice and face of our company. The ideal candidate will understand the time sensitive nature of managing the phones and visitor flow, as well as the importance of professionalism in communication and appearance. Strong customer service skills and excellent communication required.
Office Assistant/Executive Assistant
- Coordinate complex itineraries, both domestic and international, including all schedules and transportation, with additional internal and external attendees.
- Serve as a point of contact for internal employees and external attendees wishing to schedule meetings
- Assist with the creation and distribution of monthly executive team meeting presentations.
- Daily utilization of Microsoft Office:
- Outlook to organize calendars (and accept/schedule meetings on behalf of Executive), meetings, and contacts and reply (on behalf of Executive) to routine emails;
- PowerPoint to proof and finalize presentations to the Senior Executive team; and
- Word to prepare correspondence in final form;
- SharePoint to update the website; and
- Excel to track strategic goals (proficiency with pivot tables is preferred)
- Process expense reports on a weekly basis utilizing Concur.
- Coordinate all business conference meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) as requested.
- Assist with additional projects, tasks, and errands as needed for the office in close collaboration with the EA for the Chairman, President & CEO.
- Conduct internet research as requested.
- Maintain follow-up/reminder systems to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Undertake special projects as required (and as the unique skill set of the candidate permits)
- Welcome all visitors in a pleasant and professional manner
- Contact visitors in advance to advise of security protocols
- Register guests using Visible Visitors and notify the appropriate people upon arrival
- Escort visitors to office or conference room, assist with their luggage/coat, and take beverage requests
- Monitor conference room calendars to ensure seamless scheduling between multiple groups
- Coordinate catering orders for Executive Team (i.e. Executive Team Meetings, Strategic Planning Meetings)
- Set-up food, beverages and presentation equipment for all meetings, clean up conference room after the meeting adjourns
- Answer and transfer inbound calls in a timely manner, ensuring short on-hold time
- Respond to requests for information, email inquiries and forward inquiries to appropriate executives if necessary
- Manage the flow of office visitors and heavy call volume, while remaining calm and professional at all times
- Provide backup coverage as needed for executive assistants
- Manage and update Chicago calendar to reflect executives’ travel schedule and meetings booked in conference rooms
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries, including regular packets for our Warrenville office
- Assist EA to the CEO & Chairman with planning and on-site logistics for holiday reception and party
- Administer office access cards and keys
- Perform facility management, including office supplies, office equipment maintenance, and maintenance requests
- Assist in filing, scanning and other ad hoc administrative projects as necessary
- Handle email communication to office honoring employee birthdays, order and pick-up treats for the office
- Maintain reception area and conference rooms in a neat and clean fashion
- Organize and manage company travel plans, upon request
- Other projects as requested by staff
- Four-year bachelor’s degree required
- Maintain a polished and professional demeanor required over the phone and in person
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Results-oriented with a high sense of urgency and ability to work calmly under pressure with a variety of personalities
- Interact in a professional manner with internal and external contacts; use tact and diplomacy; maintain confidentiality; appropriately handle and communicate controversial or sensitive information
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable, and resilient
- Available outside of traditional work hours (8 AM – 5 PM Central) for projects, meetings, and special events held throughout the year
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Cvent preferred
JO#115998Apply Online or download the Acrobat PDF file (160k file size) for faxing.