The primary role of the Executive Assistant is to help our team be more effective and efficient as we pursue future investments, foster current portfolio companies, and deliver superb risk-adjusted returns to our investors. This position is an integral part of the team and the expectation is that the role involves “thinking, planning, and doing” rather than only “doing.” Each Executive Assistant has areas of coverage (specific business partners to support) as well as recurring special projects and ad hoc tasks to perform. In addition to the individual area of focus and coverage, the Executive Assistants will cover for one another so there is seamless service. We are all team members and as a team will readily and proactively fill in as needed across the firm.
Specific responsibilities and expectations are outlined below. Unless otherwise noted Partners refers to Partners, Principals, and Vice Presidents.
- Be an integral member of the team; offer assistance to your peers; proactively pitch in to help colleagues whenever possible or necessary
- Maintain a positive attitude with all business partners and approach all interactions with an optimistic intent
- Develop methods for staying organized (i.e. maintaining tracking spreadsheets) so as to work as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Proactively help the entire team with filing and organizing both electronic and hard copy documents
- Help design, build and implement processes that build our infrastructure allowing the full team to work more efficiently and address any problems encountered in our work
- Stay abreast of the latest technology to enable better organization and communication
- Proof reports, presentations, agreements, etc. as needed
- Ensure all logistics are covered for seamless business meetings whether in-person or via phone, Skype, etc.
- Set up and manage interview logistics. Ensure that every meeting invite contains: bio or resume, itinerary, scorecard, interview guide, and any other supporting documents. Also, print hard copies for each interviewer. The itinerary should include all pertinent information including meeting location, duration, participants name and title, and directions when applicable. For the interviewee, include all titles. For interviewers, include all information above as well as areas of focus to guide the discussion.
- Set up and manage conference call logistics. Make sure meetings and calls are kicked off on time and that those dialing in are alerted if there has been a delay
Management of External Relationships
- Cover phone calls for the Partners that you support; serve as back up call coverage for all other Partners; no call to a Partner, VP, or Principal should go to voicemail between 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Cover the front desk during lunch, vacations, or other special projects that take regular coverage away from the reception area; the reception area should be covered at all times between 8:30am and 5:30pm
- Set up meetings at Partners’ request and maintain efficient communications internally and externally (i.e. only sending one email that contains all necessary information versus piecemeal)
- Foster relationships between Partners and all external constituencies (portfolio company management, intermediaries, vendors, potential operating partners) by serving as a liaison between the two
- Input and track all meetings, introductions, and other important data into Salesforce; calls and meetings on the calendars of the team members that you support should trigger an input into Salesforce; if you are unsure of what to enter, ask for clarification; for prospective candidates interesting in working with the company or those that we are pursuing, partners will deliver a standard template which should then be entered into Salesforce
- Proactively maintain and monitor calendars to ensure efficient use of time, preparedness for meetings (e.g. set-up, facility use, food/beverage) and appropriate follow up with key relationships
- Set up all logistics for events, including materials preparation and shipping, room and A/V set-up, dress code verification, facility rental, ordering food)
- Coordinate travel (airfare, hotel, car rental) in advance to ensure cost efficiencies; be prepared with a backup plan should issues arise
- Actively monitor travel real-time for the team and others (when appropriate)
- Ensure all information is properly entered into and updated in the team’s calendar
- For Partners, not Principals or Vice Presidents, provide support and coordination for personal travel, vacations, and other miscellaneous needs
- Maintain accurate records for keeping track of expenses
- Gather Partner’s expenses within 3 business days of travel and submit reports within two business days thereafter
- 3-5 years of experience as an executive administrative assistant
- Professional demeanor, refined interpersonal skills, and a strong service orientation
- Must be highly literate in Salesforce, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism in a fast-paced, high output, ambitious culture
- Ability to seamlessly manage multiple tasks with potentially shifting priorities
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Highest level of integrity
- Four-year college degree
JO#116015Apply Online or download the Acrobat PDF file (160k file size) for faxing.