Office Assistant/Executive Assistant
- Coordinate complex itineraries, both domestic and international, including all schedules and transportation, with additional internal and external attendees.
- Serve as a point of contact for internal employees and external attendees wishing to schedule meetings
- Assist with the creation and distribution of monthly executive team meeting presentations.
- Daily utilization of Microsoft Office:
- Outlook to organize calendars (and accept/schedule meetings on behalf of Executive), meetings, and contacts and reply (on behalf of Executive) to routine emails;
- PowerPoint to proof and finalize presentations to the Senior Executive team; and
- Word to prepare correspondence in final form;
- SharePoint to update the website; and
- Excel to track strategic goals (proficiency with pivot tables is preferred)
- Process expense reports on a weekly basis utilizing Concur.
- Coordinate all business conference meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) as requested.
- Assist with additional projects, tasks, and errands as needed for the office in close collaboration with the EA for the Chairman, President & CEO.
- Conduct internet research as requested.
- Maintain follow-up/reminder systems to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Undertake special projects as required (and as the unique skill set of the candidate permits)
- Welcome all visitors in a pleasant and professional manner
- Contact visitors in advance to advise of security protocols
- Register guests using Visible Visitors and notify the appropriate people upon arrival
- Escort visitors to office or conference room, assist with their luggage/coat, and take beverage requests
- Monitor conference room calendars to ensure seamless scheduling between multiple groups
- Coordinate catering orders for Executive Team (i.e. Executive Team Meetings, Strategic Planning Meetings)
- Set-up food, beverages and presentation equipment for all meetings, clean up conference room after meeting adjourns
- Answer and transfer inbound calls in a timely manner, ensuring short on-hold time
- Respond to requests for information, email inquiries and forward inquiries to appropriate executives if necessary
- Manage flow of office visitors and heavy call volume, while remaining calm and professional at all times
- Provide backup coverage as needed for executive assistants
- Manage and update Chicago calendar to reflect executives’ travel schedule and meetings booked in conference rooms
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries, including regular packets for our Warrenville office
- Assist EA to the CEO & Chairman with planning and on-site logistics for holiday reception and party
- Administer office access cards and keys
- Perform facility management, including office supplies, office equipment maintenance, and maintenance requests
- Assist in filing, scanning and other ad hoc administrative projects as necessary
- Handle email communication to office honoring employee birthdays, order and pick-up treats for the office
- Maintain reception area and conference rooms in a neat and clean fashion
- Organize and manage company travel plans, upon request
- Other projects as requested by staff
- Four-year bachelor’s degree required
- Maintain a polished and professional demeanor required over the phone and in person
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Results-oriented with a high sense of urgency and ability to work calmly under pressure with a variety of personalities
- Interact in a professional manner with internal and external contacts; use tact and diplomacy; maintain confidentiality; appropriately handle and communicate controversial or sensitive information
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable, and resilient
- Available outside of traditional work hours (8 AM – 5 PM Central) for projects, meetings, and special events held throughout the year
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Cvent preferred
JO#115998Apply Online or download the Acrobat PDF file (160k file size) for faxing.