Legal Associate (Paralegal)
The Legal team is seeking a Legal Associate to support a team of 10 Attorneys and Paralegals. This position is an excellent opportunity for a hard-working individual who is a quick learner, detail-oriented, energetic and possesses exceptional oral and written communication skills. The Legal Associate will provide general administrative support to the team members, assist with deal and fund closing activities, and support compliance and regulatory functions. Given our collaborative culture, this role requires exceptional organization and client servicing skills, with the ability to proactively accomplish multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Coordination of legal documentation, including tracking, filing, and processing with respect to the company’s funds and investments.
- Oversee aspects of fund administration, including amendments and anti-money laundering, know your customer reviews.
- Tracking and processing legal invoices as well as preparing expense reports, including reconciliation of payments.
- Administer insurance-related renewal applications.
- Administer employee investment vehicles, formations, transfers, and annual filings.
- Assist with administration of corporate contracts and legal database management.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and manage calendars and logistics across multiple time zones on a global level.
- Arranging domestic and international travel, including hotel accommodations and car services, directions, restaurant reservations and preparing detailed itineraries, which may require last minute changes outside of core working hours.
- Generating internal and client sensitive meeting materials, including printing, proofreading and formatting documents, collating and binding slide decks, deal materials, and pitch books.
- Answering phones, delivering appropriate follow-up and directing requests to the appropriate legal team member.
- Performing other ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of three years’ paralegal experience in a corporate setting; experience and willingness to provide administrative support to team members. Exposure to legal transactions a plus.
- Must have superior interpersonal skills, poise, and self-confidence, and be able to build a strong rapport with internal and external constituents.
- Must have respect for confidential information and a mature approach to all matters of discretion.
- Superior attention to detail and concern for quality of final product (and ability to balance that concern with deadlines).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
JO#116002Apply Online or download the Acrobat PDF file (160k file size) for faxing.