About the Opportunity
This position is responsible for providing part-time Executive Assistant support for a group of Professionals/Executives within the Chicago office. This position will be roughly 20 hours a week and handle all routine administrative tasks and will require the ability to successfully balance assignments and a variety of duties from multiple individuals. A professional in this role will be expected to use good judgment and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Typing and edits documents using Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Organize, file, and route electronic and hardcopy client documents to appropriate team members and in-house Records Department for inclusion in searchable database.
- Work closely with the HR and IT departments to ensure new hire employees are onboarded correctly.
- Utilize SharePoint and FTP sites, indexing, linking and organizing client documents.
- Utilize bulk renaming software.
- Process conflict search requests for potential new clients; submit appropriate information for the creation of new clients for inclusion in our Client Information database.
- Organize excerpt and comment files.
- Organize and plan complicated domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Process time and expense submissions on a weekly basis.
- Maintain business calendar, plan and arrange business meetings and luncheons.
- Answer and screen phone calls in a professional manner taking accurate messages; respond to caller’s needs appropriately.
- Assist with special projects as needed. (Possible examples are mailings, maintaining home address book and internal phone list.)
- Professional oral and written communication.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, make decisions and implement actions.
- Excellent analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to listen to instructions and ask appropriate follow-up questions based on scope of work described.
- Ability to understand office policies and procedures and how they relate to their professionals’ workload.
- Strong team player.
- Maintain confidential and client sensitive documentation.
- Ability to successfully manage projects with other departments.
- Provide overtime backup when necessary for evening and weekend work.
- 3+ years’ work experience supporting professionals in Professional Services (i.e., Consulting, Finance, Legal).
- High level of proficiency in software applications such Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Acrobat, and Internet Explorer.
- Experience working in internal travel/expense booking system is preferred (i.e., Concur).
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a demanding, high expectation environment while maintaining accuracy and control.
- Ability to accurately proofread documents for both clarity and grammatical errors.