Executive Assistant- contract opportunity
The Executive Assistant will report to the CEO and work directly with the C-level Executive Team, performing a number of administrative responsibilities and projects. The ideal candidate must have strong cross-functional experience and be able to support individuals who are constantly on the go and switching gears on a moment’s notice. Confidence and communication are both key aspects and must be tech-savvy.
Learn from the best in this booming industry.
- Support CEO, CFO & CHRO
- Calendar management; anticipate calendar risk & plan contingencies with multiple options. Clear conflicts with little or no direction.
- Travel arrangements, including flights, hotels, ground transportation, guest travel, etc.
- Clerical duties (answer phones, data entry, filing)
- Interact with service providers (hotels, car service, etc.)
- Pro-actively anticipate executives’ needs
- Support executive team with other duties/projects as required
- Ensure a positive, professional experience for meeting guests & customers
- Escort candidates, meet & greet guests, set up meetings
- Prepare expense reports
- Organize & execute events, such as lunches, dinners, etc.
- Direct, organize and coordinate the planning and execution of meetings, training, and conferences
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of the organization
- Be the liaison/point person to filter all communication to & from the executives
- Oversight & management of Chicago office and act as site lead for Chicago location
- COVID-19 planning with HR & COVID Response team
- Manage a team of 2 executive assistants & 1 receptionist/front office admin
- 5 years’ experience as an executive assistant supporting C-level executives
- The ideal candidate is a consummate professional who is highly organized, has extreme attention to detail and the ability to identify and resolve issues and implement changes, policies and procedures where necessary
- A highly resourceful professional that thrives in a fast-paced environment, has exceptional organizational skills and is excellent at building working relationships
- Must maintain the highest level of professionalism at all times and be able to handle a wide range of responsibilities.
- Prior experience working directly with board members is a must, and experience in private equity is considered a plus
- Can successfully handle complex travel and logistical arrangements with minimal notice
- Highly organized; able to manage multiple projects and simultaneously prioritize critical tasks
- Anticipates issues before they happen and plans option-based contingencies
- Hard-working, highly efficient, and extremely detail-oriented while maintaining accuracy
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, exhibiting good judgment when making decisions
- Self-motivated, possessing a positive “can-do” attitude
- Knows when/how to be assertive to get things done
- Quick to respond to requests and completely dependable on follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- A versatile individual with a high standard of integrity
- Thorough understanding of maintaining proper inventory of office and kitchen supplies
- Ability to maintain composure in times of stress or with unexpected deadlines
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, and manage multiple simultaneous assignments and a broad scope of responsibilities
- Ability to work well under pressure and with a sense of urgency
- Positive, can-do attitude, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Standard hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm with on-call, after-hours support as needed for the CEO. Must be flexible.