Assist an all -female staff of physicians providing exceptional patient care while delivering a quality patient focused experience. Leverage your experience of front office and back office skills in a highly regarded affiliate of Northwestern.
- Assist in patient interaction: Greet and update patients on their visit and any delays, follow-up on daily appointments.
- Assist physicians with procedures, administer injections, pregnancy tests, and other waived tests.
- Ensure that all instruments and equipment are prepared for daily operation and exam rooms are properly stocked and prepped.
- Monitor patient flow, perform necessary lab work and ensure tests are tracked and lab results are reviewed and relayed in a timely manner.
- Prepare charts: Update face sheet when appropriate, ensure all tests and lab results are updated and scanned into EMR along with notes of the patient visit and current insurance noted.
- Back-up Front Desk responsibilities from welcoming patients/clients/visitor to appointment confirmation, answering questions, scheduling appointments, relaying messages to patients/physicians, routing calls and all paperwork carefully updated and tracked.
- Perform day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including but not limited to copying, faxing, scanning documents, answering phones and data entry. Attend scheduled staff meetings.
- Maintain the office and supplies as needed: Assemble OB Packages (patient education information and give-a-ways) and keep a ready supply of packets for issuing to new obstetrical patients. Maintain all supplies in all areas of the office, including the waiting/lobby area.
- Process payments: Keep an accurate balance and notation of patient accounts and input into Navicure payment system. Follow-up with patients regarding any outstanding invoicing.
- Handle timely scanning of medical records into the EMR; use accuracy on all documentation.
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings.
- Ensure medical supplies and other supplies are adequately stocked and within the proper expiration dates.
- Follow proper infection control techniques. Dispose of used needs in appropriate hazardous waste containers. Abide by all OSHA guidelines. Follow all chemical splash guidelines; utilize PPE when appropriate.
- Ensure HIPAA compliance and PHI guidelines at all times; Ensure The Red Flag Patient Awareness Policy and practices are adhered to.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Two years- experience working in a physician office or outpatient hospital setting is required if there has been no formal medical office assistant training.
- Experience in CPT coding, ICD-10 coding and medical office forms preferred.
- Certificates and licenses MA certification strongly preferred.
- High School Diploma required; Formal training at a recognized school in medical lab technician curriculum preferred.
- Communication – Communicates effectively both internally and externally, where applicable. Includes both written and verbal communication.
- Patient Focused – Works well with patients, promotes a positive image of the practice, and strives to solve issues raised by patients.
- Initiative – Takes action independently, seeks new opportunities, and strives to see projects to completion.
- Interpersonal Skills – Builds strong relationships, is flexible/adaptable, works well with others, and solicits feedback.
- Medical Expertise – Possess industry knowledge, understands marketplace, good compliance acumen; consistently stays abreast of changes and shares expertise with others.
- Problem Solving – Strives to understand contributing factors, works to resolve complex situations.
- Self-Development – Looks for opportunities to increase knowledge, works to increase responsibility, strives to achieve personal goals and/or maintains licenses and other pertinent requirements.
- Sense of Urgency – Meets deadlines, establishes appropriate priority, and completes tasks assigned in timely manner.
- Technical Skills – Maintains current understanding of technical process/equipment, uses technology to increase performance/productivity; effectively uses online tools and resources.