Outstanding opportunity for the position of Executive Assistant to the President/CEO with an esteemed financial services firm. In this pivotal role, you will serve as the cornerstone of office operations, ensuring seamless functionality. Your duties will span a wide spectrum, including handling incoming calls with utmost professionalism, delivering comprehensive administrative support, maintaining meticulous organization of files, orchestrating intricate travel arrangements, and overseeing various office management tasks. Apply now to join this dynamic team!
- Prepare polished first drafts of various types of correspondence such as letters, memos, and reports, ensuring clarity and professionalism.
- Handle the production and distribution of mass mailings, while also keeping distribution lists updated.
- Gather data and compile information to generate comprehensive reports, contributing to informed decision-making processes.
- Manage logistical tasks such as preparing and dispatching packages via facsimile or courier services, ensuring timely and accurate delivery.
- Create and format presentations, spreadsheets, handouts, invitations, and other materials using diverse software tools, ensuring consistency and quality.
- Assist the President in maintaining organizational efficiency and effectiveness by coordinating tasks and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Initiate follow-up calls and correspondence as directed by the Executive Assistant, facilitating seamless communication within the organization.
- Maintain efficient filing systems and procedures to ensure easy access to documents and information, promoting organization and productivity.
- Prepare various reports synthesizing data and presenting findings accurately and comprehensively.
- Organize and maintain media files, ensuring easy retrieval of relevant materials as needed for reference or distribution.
- Demonstrate excellent telephone skills by professionally handling incoming calls, accurately recording messages, and addressing callers’ inquiries and concerns.
- Proactively follow up on both complaints and compliments received via letters or phone calls, demonstrating a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Maintain schedules and calendars for efficient time management, scheduling both internal and external meetings and phone calls as necessary.
- Make travel arrangements as required, including booking accommodation and transportation, to facilitate smooth business travel for staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree with ten years of experience supporting executives.
- Experience managing other administrative support is ideal.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, sound judgment, managing confidentiality.
- Fast-paced environment, complicated calendar management, oversee several moving pieces.
- Advanced Word Suite, Excel, Zoom, Concur.