What do executives really want from their assistants? There is often a laundry list of expectations and requirements that will push you out of your comfort zone and test your skills as the world’s greatest problem solver –under pressure and with grace.
We have narrowed down the skills most often requested. How do you stack up?
- Uncanny ability to anticipate problems long before there is a potential issue. This also includes knowing the idiosyncrasies and habits of your boss, also to prevent a potential problem.
- Wicked-good resourcefulness with mad negotiating skills. There is no seat, table, or flight that you can’t secure, and if something isn’t available, you know how to close the deal.
- Never let them see you sweat. Nothing phases you, you’re a gatekeeper extraordinaire and you would never give up details…to anyone. Deep breaths, namaste.
- Master juggler, the kind with spinning plates. Nothing slips through the cracks because you’re fanatically organized and can prioritize in your sleep.
- You understand the business, goals, and mission and can hang with the leaders and fit right in.
- And last, but not least, a good sense of humor never hurts!