The Executive Assistant will provide support to three senior level executives for this long-standing Chicago-based Investment Management firm. You will routinely interact with business associates, outside service providers and legal firms, and various levels of the organization. Assist in preparation of legal documents such as corporate governance documents, and maintenance of Board of Directors guide and corporate board minutes. Exposure to sensitive and confidential information requires discretion, independent judgment and initiative. Excellent personal and working relationships and organizational skills in a high-paced, ever-changing environment are critical to successful job performance.
- Maintain calendars – arrange, schedule and confirm all meetings, frequently requiring coordination with the calendars of others both internally and externally. This may include planning and coordinating meals or special events.
- Maintain an effective and complete list of open tasks for the MD/CAO, including prioritizing and bringing to the attention of the MD/CAO items approaching their due date. Includes tracking down information due to MD/CAO from others.
- Create PowerPoint presentations, Excel presentations and other materials, including board presentations. Must be able to complete accurately and timely – at times with tight deadlines.
- Investigate facts and assist in preparation of certain legal documents such as corporate governance; maintain Board of Directors guide and corporate board minute books
- Maintain company management database
- Collaborate with EA team to schedule key meeting dates (board meetings, operating meetings, employee updates, etc.).
- Coordinate and schedule travel and prepare expense reports timely
- Coordinate the approval and timely payment of vendor invoices; includes oversight of external counsel billing practices and initial review of law firm invoices.
- Organize, set up and maintain files and records both paper and digital, often highly confidential in nature
- Independently draft memos and correspondence.
- Manage confidential matters with discretion, maintain loyalty and trustworthiness.
- General office duties including lunch and break relief for Receptionist (group rotation) and assist with company event planning as requested.
- Minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible secretarial/administrative experience, including prior experience as an executive assistant; experience assisting a Corporate Secretary is strongly preferred.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office including Power Point, Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Integrity in handling highly confidential matters; trustworthy, loyal, ethical.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent grammar and command of English language.
- Reliable, flexible, professional and self-motivated team player able to work with limited supervision to support fast-paced, high-volume environment which includes the ability to manage multiple, concurrent demands with frequent interruption and changing priorities.
- Exceptional problem-solving, project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates outstanding proofreading skills and strong attention to detail.