Be a part of something special. Join a company that has long been committed to a culture that most people wish for, a leadership team that is equally passionate for their staff and clients. Our partner is unique in their outlook and innovation and is known in the financial services industry as one of the best places to work. They are looking for someone equally as passionate to join their Human Resources team.
The HR Generalist will primarily be responsible for payroll and benefits, aiding employee benefits and acting as the liaison between employees and insurance providers. This position resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations.
- Administers employee benefits programs, including reviewing plan materials, auditing invoices, and updating documentation as needed.
- Handles all employee benefits-related questions from colleagues and provides relevant documentation while maintaining strict confidentiality and professionalism.
- Communicates with FMLA and disability providers to gather and provide information needed for claims.
- Manages annual online open-enrollment process and verifies annual employee elections.
- Works directly with broker to review plan designs and complete benefit compliance.
- Completes on-boarding/off-boarding of employees in payroll and benefits systems.
- Processes semi-monthly and ad-hoc payroll as well as makes any adjustments to payroll as needed.
- Tracks employee PTO requests and reconciles annually.
- Maintains and tests benefits feeds to ensure transmissions.
- Coordinates Worker’s compensation audit information.
- Tracks 401(k) contribution changes, regularly runs reports and verifies elections for accuracy, and coordinates annual compliance audit of the plan.
- Supports the HR team with ad hoc items and projects as needed.
- Proactively identifies inefficiencies and provides recommendations for process improvement.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Detail oriented, able to multitask, with excellent time management skills.
- Solution-oriented and a problem solver.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a team-orientated, collaborative environment; team player with a positive and professional attitude.
- Highly discreet and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Willing to roll up their sleeves, “no job is too small” mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- HR Certification (e.g., PHR, SHRM) preferred.
- Experience using ADP WorkforceNow highly preferred or other HRIS systems.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft products (i.e., Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experienced report writing and payroll administration required.
- 2-5 years of experience working in a Human Resources or Accounting role with an emphasis on benefits and payroll administration.
- Knowledge of benefits and 401(k) program regulations preferred.