Procurement Assistant, Chicago, IL (Onsite)
New York based Financial Services firm is seeking a Purchasing and Special Projects Associate to join their Administration team. You will be responsible for acquiring goods and services to meet the needs of the organization and provide key support on a variety of projects. Key to success is a customer service outlook with exceptional communications and the ability to forge relationships quickly and effectively.
This is a long-term temporary project with the potential for direct hire.
- Serve as a liaison with Purchasing and Accounting divisions. Ensure purchase requisitions are accurate and manage all open Purchase Order balances.
- Ensure staff adhere to purchasing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Work with vendors to obtain reasonable prices for services, equipment and supplies, coordinate delivery with vendors.
- Order tracking and management, invoice reconciliation
- Reviews subcontracts, work orders, and purchase orders to ensure the proper scope is included and manages any requested changes from subcontractors in the final document.
- Reviews all subcontracts, work orders, and purchase orders before the final signature.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of purchasing experience in professional services.
- General knowledge of IT products and services is required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, and a background in data analysis are a plus.
- Quick learner with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage shifting priorities, and meet tight deadlines.
- Superb attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong negotiation experience.
- Customer service experience and demeanor are both critical to the role.